I'm spending the weekend at the Hackster.io hackfest, focused on IoT hardware projects in Seattle. Here's a quick rundown of the first day so far:
- Lots of good ideas are born quickly and easily
- Everybody needs Hardware Hacking 101
- Not "How to use my board and sensor kit"
- Software is hard, firmware is harder, soldering is for masters (and my 12 year old)
- Cloud, what cloud? it's sunny out!
- Where's the DeLorean - it's got a flat!
It looks like there are some great ideas coming together. Folks have lots of problems they want to solve with hardware.
I'm here hanging out today to help anyone who has questions. Stop by and see what's happening!